Completing an Application
The application for Community Association Manager, Salesperson, Associate Broker and Broker licensure is included in the application for examination. The Commission contracts with Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP) to process the applications and administer the exam. Applicants should thoroughly review the Candidate Handbook prior to the exam date as all application materials and test information is included.
The process for applying to take the exam and licensure varies depending upon the applicants particular situation:
- If you are currently enrolled in an approved course and have not been previously licensed in another state, you must complete the application at the approved school via the Real Estate Application - License (REAL) software. You instructor can provide directions on completing the application. Once you have successfully completed the education course, the data is electronically submitted to AMP and you can contact AMP to schedule your exam. You must confirm with your school that the information has been sent prior to contacting AMP.
- If you are not currently enrolled in an approved course and plan to meet your educational requirements through an alternate means such as college transcripts, you must submit the Exam Registration Form (p.21 of the Candidate Handbook) with your proof of required education.
- If you are currently licensed in another state (other than Florida), you may be eligible to obtain a reciprocal license without taking the exam. Please review the reciprocal section of this site to determine if you are eligible.
- If you are not eligible for a reciprocal license, you must take the real estate examination in addition to meeting the requirements and supplying the required documentation for license history and education. You will need to submit the Exam Registration Form with the required supporting documentation.
- Florida residents that hold a current real estate license, must submit a certification of his/her license history (not more than 1 year old) from the Florida Real Estate Commission along with the Examination Registration Form.
- If you are applying for licensure/examination because your license has lapsed due to failure to take the required salesperson postlicense course or failure to pay renewal fees, please see the Maintaining/Renewing section of the website for detailed information
Receiving Your License
Once your application to sit for the examination has been approved and you have successfully completed the examination, you are eligible to receive your license on the same day you pass the examination. The cost to receive a license is $170.00 if you obtain it within 90 days of taking the exam. The fee increases to $340.00 if you obtain you license between 90 days and 12 months. If you fail to apply for your license within 12 months, you must retake the examination to qualify for licensure.
The following items must be presented to AMP to receive your license:
- A valid form of photo identification and you unsigned Certificate of Accuracy with photograph must be presented. The Certificate of Accuracy will be provided to you at the AMP Assessment Center upon successful completion of the examination.
- A Sponsoring Broker Statement From (p.25 of the Candidate Handbook) if you wish to receive an active community association manager, salesperson or associate broker license. The form must be signed by a broker to verify that you are to work as a community association manager, salesperson or associate broker on behalf of that brokerage firm. This form is not required if you do not plan to work for a brokerage firm immediately and you will be issued an "inactive" license.
- A non-refundable licensee fee or either $170.00 or $340.00 depending on when you are applying (see above). Only a cashier's check or money order (payable to the Georgia Real Estate Commission) or VISA, MasterCard or debit card will be accepted.
- Your GCIC Criminal History Report that is no more than 60 days old. If your GCIC report contains items that would negate your ability to be licensed, you must have a Background Clearance Letter from the Commission.
- Your Salesperson's or Community Association Manager's wall certificate and pocket card. This is only required if you are licensed as a salesperson or community association manager in Georgia and are applying for an Associate Broker or Broker license.