State Registered & State Trainee Appraiser Requirements
The following list represents the requirements to obtain a State Registered or State Trainee appraiser classification:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or the holder of a certificate of equivalency.
- Must have successfully completed a 90 hour core course or courses of study approved by the Board. Applicants for the State Trainee classification must also have completed an AQB approved Supervisory/Trainee course.
- Submit the appropriate application and fee to GREAB. (Application for State Registered Appraiser or Application for State Trainee Appraiser.)
- A copy of the applicant's criminal history or Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) Report must accompany the application. If the report indicates any criminal conviction, additional documentation may be required. See the application for details.
You will be required to renew the classification by the last day of your birth month in the calendar year following the calendar year in which you first became registered. For example, if you pay the $125.00 classification fee in November and your birthday is in February, you will pay a renewal fee in February.
All appraisers who hold an active appraiser classification are required to complete 14 hours of Board approved continuing education during each renewal period. In every two consecutive renewal periods, every appraiser must complete an AQB approved 7 hour USPAP course (the 15 hour USPAP Course does not count as a substitute).