The Application Process
The process for attaining an appraisers registration, license or certification consist of six parts. Depending on the type of classification you are seeking, certain parts may not be applicable.
- Background Check - GCIC Report
- Investigation/Background Clearance - IF APPLICABLE
- Successful completion of Education Requirements
- Fulfill Experience Requirements - IF APPLICABLE
- Successful completion of Examination - IF APPLICABLE
- Application for Licensure or Certification
To ensure that you complete all necessary steps and receive your approval in a timely manner, we recommend reviewing all of the parts listed above as well as reviewing the detailed requirements for the type of classification that you are seeking which can be found below.
Additionally, we recommend that you review the Candidate Handbook available though AMP who is responsible for administering the appraisal examinations for the Board.
Requirements for Licensure/Certification
The requirements for approval vary depending on the type of classification that you are seeking. The following links provide detailed requirements for the different appraiser classifications available through the Georgia Real Estate Appraiser's Board:
- State Registered Real Property Appraiser
- State Licensed Real Property Appraiser
- State Certified Residential Property Appraiser
- State Certified General Property Appraiser
You can also download the Summary of Appraiser Classifications in Adobe PDF format.