The Georgia Real Estate Commission & Appraisers Board
Mission: Our agency's mission is to ensure professional competency among real estate licensees and appraisers and to promote a fair and honest market environment for practitioners and their customers and clients in real estate transactions in Georgia.
Latest News & Announcements
Two Proposed Georgia Real Estate Rules:
Two Proposed Georgia Appraiser Board Rules:
New Online Services Login Information
Our Online Services for Real Estate Firms has been upgraded. All Qualifying Brokers will need to register new login passwords for the upgraded system. Instructions for the new process may be found here: Firm Login Instructions
Recent Rule Changes
Customary and Reasonable Fees for Appraisers
The Board has adopted a rule that requires Appraisal Management Companies (“AMCs”) to pay appraisers customary and reasonable fees for appraisal services being performed for one to four family residential units for the market area being appraised. The Board has also funded a study of customary and reasonable fees paid in Georgia in 2014 for appraisal services being performed for one to four family residential units.
You can read the rule at: http://www.grec.state.ga.us/about/appradopted.html
You can read the study at: http://www.grec.state.ga.us/greab/amc.html
Continuing Education Increase for Real Estate Licensees
- On July 1, 2015: required hours of continuing education increased from 24 to 36.
- On July 1, 2016: 3 of the 36 hours must be on the topic of License Law. Click here for list of approved LAW courses.
Video Discussion of CE Rule Change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS0AWylhzOI
GREC Sponsored CoursesThe Commission sponsors the following 3-hour online CE courses. Click on the title to register:
- Georgia Instructor Training
- Annual School Meeting
- A Study Guide for the Georgia Broker Simulation Examinations
- Important Information For Renewals
- News & Meetings
- Office Practices And Trust Account Review
- Georgia Real Estate InfoBase
- Waiver or Variance Requests – Click this Link ; then Click on “ Search Rules Waiver Petitions”; Under “Search by” Use Chapter Number “ 520” to search for Real Estate Rule Waivers and Variance Requests and Chapter Number “539” to search for Appraiser Rule Waivers and Variance Requests.
- Lawful Presence Requirements
Visit us on Facebook: