Important Information for Renewals
* Important Information for Renewals *
Our office is open from Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. If you have any problems processing your online renewal after normal business hours, please review the following information and options:
- You may renew online by clicking on the appropriate "Renew Your Real Estate License" or “Renew Your Appraiser Classification” link in the left-hand column of this page.
- You will need your license or classification number and password to access your records. If you have not established a password, you may do so by leaving the password field blank and providing your Social Security Number and Date of Birth when prompted. (If this does not work for you, you may have a previously established password.)
- If you have forgotten your previously established password, click on the "Forgot your Password" link, located to the right of the password box.
- If you would rather renew by mail, “Mail-in Renewal” applications are available in the “Forms and Applications” section of this website. The standard renewal fees are:
- $125 for all Real Estate licenses
- $140 for Licensed and Certified Appraisers
- $100 for Registered Appraisers
Mail-in renewals must be postmarked no later than the renewal due date or the license will be considered “lapsed” and additional fees will apply.
- Online renewals will be discounted by $25 and must be processed by midnight on last day of the month, or a late fee will apply.
- Effective January 1, 2012, the Georgia “Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011” requires all applicants for Real Estate licensure or Appraiser classification, and those applying for the first renewal after the effective date, of an existing license or classification, Appraisal Management Companies, Instructors, and School Directors to submit verification documents to the Georgia Real Estate Commission. Refer to the top of our home page for details. These documents must be submitted to GREC so that your record may be notated, or you will not be able to renew online.
- All approved Schools in GA are required to certify and post course completion information electronically, via our website. We do not process that information at GREC. If you just completed a course, most Schools will not be able to post it until the next business day, at the earliest.
- If all required courses have not been posted by your renewal deadline, it is recommended that you renew to Inactive status, to avoid a late fee. After the courses have been posted, you may activate your license by submitting a "Change Application". There is no fee required to re-activate.