The Georgia Real Estate Commission & Appraisers Board
Welcome to the Real Estate Commission & Appraisers Board website. Our agency's mission is to ensure professional competency among real estate licensees and appraisers and to promote a fair and honest market environment for practitioners and their customers and clients in real estate transactions in Georgia. The information and services available through this site allows us to interact efficiently with our constituents and assist in achieving our mission.
Latest News & Announcements
REAL ESTATE LICENSEE ALERT!
On July 1, 2015: required hours of continuing education increase from 24 to 36.
On July 1, 2016: 3 of the 36 hours must be on the topic of License Law.
NOTICE TO REAL ESTATE APPRAISERS OF RULE CHANGES
At its October 15, 2014 meeting, The Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board voted to adopt changes to the “Appraiser Classifications and Their Education, Examination, and Experience Requirements” Rule and the “Courses” rule. These Rules will implement the Real Property Appraiser Qualification Criteria required as of January 1, 2015 as established by the Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) of The Appraisal Foundation. These Rules are currently pending and will become effective on January 1, 2015.
You can view these adopted and pending Rules by clicking here:
You can view a summary of these changes by clicking here:
- Waiver or Variance Requests – Click this Link ; then Click on “ Search Rules Waiver Petitions”; Under “Search by” Use Chapter Number “ 520” to search for Real Estate Rule Waivers and Variance Requests and Chapter Number “539” to search for Appraiser Rule Waivers and Variance Requests.
- Important Information For Renewals
- Lawful Presence Requirements
- Georgia Real Estate InfoBase
- 2014 Annual School Meeting
- News & Meetings