Creating a Password for Internet Renewal
You may find it helpful to print these instructions.
Follow these instructions the first time you use the program.
1. Click on the Online Services link located on the menu on the left side.
2. Select Salesperson/Assoc. Broker/Broker.
3. Enter your license number without any letters or zeros at the beginning of the license number into the License Number/School Code box. Example: If the license number on your pocketcard is S087458 enter it as 87458.
4. Leave the password box blank.
5. Click the continue button.
6. Enter your social security number without any spaces or dashes.
7. Select your date of birth from the drop down boxes.
8. Click the continue button.
The program will then compare the data you entered with the data on your record.
If it does not match, you will receive the following message: **Verification incorrect. Please try again.**
If it matches, the password page will display.
Choose a password. The password must be between 5 and 15 characters in length and is case sensitive. Do not use spaces or symbols. If you hold more than one individual license type (Individual license types include: Real Estate Individual License, Real Estate Instructor, Appraiser classification, and Appraiser Instructor), you must use the same password for each of those license types.
9. Following the above guidelines, enter a password in the password box, then re-enter the same password in the re-enter box. Then click the continue button.
You will only have to follow steps 1 thru 9 the first time you access the program. Once your password has been established, you will be able to view your record by selecting Salesperson/Assoc. Broker/Broker, and by entering your license number and password in the appropriate boxes on the first page of the online transaction program.
The next page that displays will have your current license status and address information that the Commission has on your record. Your residence address is private and will not be given to anyone by the Commission except as required by law. Your mailing a address is subject to the Open Records Act, and the Commission must give it to anyone who requests it.
If your license is ACTIVE, all mail to you from the Commission will be sent to the mailing address of your form, no the mailing address on your personal record.
If your license is INACTIVE, all mail to you from the Commission will be sent to the mailing address on your personal record.
11. You may change either or both of these address's by clicking on the appropriate Change Address button.
12. Make any changes needed, verify that the changes are correct, and click the Save button. Errors that you make in your address and that cause mail to be returned to the Commission by the Post Office could result in a penalty fee.