The Application Process
The process for attaining a real estate license consist of six parts. Depending on the type of license you are seeking, certain parts may not be applicable.
- Background Check - GCIC Report
- Investigation/Background Clearance - IF APPLICABLE
- Successful completion of Education Requirements
- Fulfill Experience Requirements - IF APPLICABLE
- Successful completion of Examination
- Application for Licensure or Certification
To ensure that you complete all necessary steps and receive your approval in a timely manner, we recommend reviewing all of the parts listed above as well as reviewing the detailed requirements for the type of license that you are seeking which can be found below.
Additionally, we recommend that you review the Candidate Handbook available though AMP who is responsible for administering the real estate examinations for the Commission.
Requirements for Licensure
The requirements for approval vary depending on the type of license that you are seeking. The following links provide detailed requirements for the different real estate license available through the Georgia Real Estate Commission:
You can also download the Summary of Requirements for Real Estate Licensure in Adobe PDF format.