State Licensed Real Appraiser Requirements
The following list represents the requirements to obtain a State Licensed appraiser classification:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Appraisers holding a valid GA State Trainee or State Registered classification may satisfy the educational requirements for State Licensed appraiser by completing the following additional educational hours:
Residential Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use 15 Hours Residential Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach 15 Hours Residential Sales Comparison and Income Approaches 30 Hours
- Must provide official transcript confirming completion of 30 semester hours of college-level education. Applicants holding an Associate Degree or higher, from and accredited college, junior college, community college or university satisfy the 30-hour college level education requirement.
- Must pass the Examination administered by AMP and approved by the Board.
- Upon the filing of an application for examination, an applicant must submit a detailed appraisal experience log on forms prescribed by the Board documenting at least 2,000 hours of real property appraisal experience, gained over a period of at least 12 months.
- A copy of the applicant's criminal history or Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) Report must accompany the application. If the report indicates any criminal conviction, additional documentation may be required. See the application for details.
You will be required to renew the classification by the last day of your birth month in the calendar year following the calendar year in which you first became registered. For example, if you pay the $125.00 classification fee in November and your birthday is in February, you will pay a renewal fee in February.
All appraisers who hold an active appraiser classification are required to complete 14 hours of Board approved continuing education during each renewal period. In every two consecutive renewal periods, every appraiser must complete an AQB approved 7 hour USPAP course (the 15 hour USPAP Course does not count as a substitute).