The Application Process
The process for obtaining an appraiser’s classification consists the following parts. Depending on the type of classification you are seeking, certain parts may not be applicable.
- Successful completion of Education Requirements
- Successful completion of Experience Requirements -(Applicants for Licensed, Certified Residential and Certified General only)
- Successful completion of Examination – (Applicants for Licensed, Certified Residential and Certified General only)
- Criminal History Report
- Investigation/Background Clearance - IF APPLICABLE
To ensure that you complete all necessary steps and receive your approval in a timely manner, we recommend reviewing all of the parts listed above as well as reviewing the detailed requirements for the type of classification that you are seeking which can be found below.
Additionally, we recommend that you review the Candidate Handbook available though AMP who is responsible for administering the appraisal examinations for the Board.
Requirements for Licensure/Certification
The requirements for approval vary depending on the type of classification that you are seeking. The following links provide detailed requirements for the different appraiser classifications available through the Georgia Real Estate Appraiser's Board:
- State Registered Real Property Appraiser
- State Licensed Real Property Appraiser
- State Certified Residential Property Appraiser
- State Certified General Property Appraiser
You can also download the Summary of Appraiser Classifications in Adobe PDF format.