Real Estate Appraisers
The Georgia Real Estate Appraiser's Board administers the Real Estate Appraiser Licensing and Certification Act (Appraisal Act). This act regulates the actions of real estate appraisers in their business dealings with the public. Generally, the act requires appraisers to meet certain standards in order to conduct business and prohibits a wide variety of unfair trade practices. This section of the website provides access to information, forms and online services that allow appraisers and those seeking to become appraisers to interact with the Board.
- Types of Appraiser Classifications
- How to Become an Appraiser
- Classification by Reciprocity
- Maintaining/Renewing Appraiser Classification
- Certified Appraiser History
- Requesting an Investigation
- Online Services
In addition to assisting appraisers in becoming classified and maintaining their classification, the Board continually publishes "How-To Articles" that relate to frequently asked questions we receiveand help you assist customers. Below are links to recently published articles:
- Appraising Manufactured Housing
- Complex vs. Non-Complex Appraisals
- Fannie Mae Criteria for Manufactured Home Appraisals
- Manufactured Housing Alert
- Unclassified Assistants May Perform Only Ministerial Acts
- What is a Federally Related Transaction?