Meetings & Newsletters
Below you will find newsletters and meeting information for the Real Estate Commission & Appraisers Board. If you would like to subscribe to electronic newsletters from the Commission and/or Board, click here.
To view and print some of the following documents, you must use Adobe Acrobat Reader. To obtain a free copy of the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader from Adobe, click-on the icon.
Commission Meeting Infomation
The Georgia Real Estate Commission meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month and has scheduled meetings on the following days during 2013:
Appraisers Board Meeting Infomation
The Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month and has scheduled meetings on the following days during 2013:
|February 20||June 19||October 16|
|March 20||July 17||November 20|
|April 17||August 21||December 18|
* Meeting day is a Monday
Each meeting is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m.
All meetings with an appearance are held at the Commission's office unless otherwise noticed. Meetings without appearances may be held by telephone conference call. The public may attend both types of meetings.
Requests to appear must be submitted in writing to the Real Estate Commissioner or Appraisers Board before the first day of the month in which the appearance is requested. Appearances are restricted to 15 minutes unless the Commission or Board chooses to extend time.
- 2013 GREC RE News
- 2012 GREC RE News
- 2011 GREC RE News
- 2010 GREC RE News
- 2009 GREC RE News
- 2008 GREC RE News
"How-To" Information & Articles
Below are links to articles that have been developed by the Georgia Real Estate Commission and Appraisers Board to address common issues faced by Real Estate Professionals and Appraisers.
Articles for Real Estate Professionals
- Task Force Reports
- "As-Is" Sales
- Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO) Resources
- A Trust Account Primer for Property Managers
- Bonuses & Commissions
- Expedite Your Application and Avoid a Penalty
- Fair Housing Issues
- Good Faith Efforts?
- Handling Termite Clearance Letters
- Home Inspectors
- Information, Not Advice, from Staff
- Licensees Acting as Principals
- Maintaining Files on Transactions
- Making the Most of the Firm's Status Report
- Multiple Offers - UPDATED -8/04/2006
- Paying Commission
- Processing of License Applications Reporting Convictions
- Property Management Issues
- Reporting Cash Payments to the IRS
- Soliciting Prospects and Paying Referral Fees
- Square Footage and Hardwood Floors
- Stigmatized Properties
- Trust Accounting 101
- You Can Prevent Mortgage Fraud
Articles for Appraisers
- Appraiser Classification Information Available By Telephone
- Appraising Manufactured Housing
- Complex vs. Non-Complex Appraisals
- Fannie Mae Criteria for Manufactured Home Appraisals
- Key Points for Supervising Appraisers
- Manufactured Housing Alert
- Processing of Classification Applications Reporting Convictions
- Unclassified Assistants May Perform on Ministerial Acts
- What is a Federally Related Transaction?