The Georgia Real Estate Commission & Appraisers Board
Welcome to the Real Estate Commission & Appraisers Board website. Our agency's mission is to ensure professional competency among real estate licensees and appraisers and to promote a fair and honest market environment for practitioners and their customers and clients in real estate transactions in Georgia. The information and services available through this site allows us to interact efficiently with our constituents and assist in achieving our mission.
Latest News & Announcements
Important Notice to all Georgia Real Estate Firms:
Our Online Services for Real Estate Firms have been upgraded. All Qualifying Brokers will need to register new login passwords for the upgraded system. Instructions for the new process may be found here:
ADOPTED RULE – CUSTOMARY AND REASONABLE FEES
The Board has adopted a rule that requires Appraisal Management Companies (“AMCs”) to pay appraisers customary and reasonable fees for appraisal services being performed for one to four family residential units for the market area being appraised. The Board has also funded a study of customary and reasonable fees paid in Georgia in 2014 for appraisal services being performed for one to four family residential units.
You can read the rule at:
You can read the study at:
REAL ESTATE LICENSEE ALERT!
On July 1, 2015: required hours of continuing education increased from 24 to 36.
On July 1, 2016: 3 of the 36 hours must be on the topic of License Law.
Georgia Real Estate License Rule Changes Video:
- Waiver or Variance Requests – Click this Link ; then Click on “ Search Rules Waiver Petitions”; Under “Search by” Use Chapter Number “ 520” to search for Real Estate Rule Waivers and Variance Requests and Chapter Number “539” to search for Appraiser Rule Waivers and Variance Requests.
- Important Information For Renewals
- Lawful Presence Requirements
- Georgia Real Estate InfoBase
- Georgia Instructor Training
- Annual School Meeting
- News & Meetings